The general objectives of this project are:
- To determine the absolute and relative mortality from all causes and from cardiovascular disease in treated FH patients.
- To analyse the relative risk of non-fatal cardiovascular events in this population.
- To study the prognostic role of classic risk factors, dietary habits and genetic variability associated with favourable or unfavourable evolution in FH clinical expression.
- To analyse the role of LDL-r mutation types in determining the risk of coronary disease.
- To estimate the long-term quality of life of FH subjects and their families.